As a company built on the
strength of its staff, we’re always interested in forging new
relationships with freelance contractors, with a view to
working for Scary Fish on a per-project basis.
For those who know that creativity and teamwork are the keys
to success, we offer competitive salaries, bonuses, and
royalty packages, as well as a unique, flexible, and informal
approach to the development process.
Our aim is simple: to produce top-quality products, on time
and within budget.
Programmers should have exemplary knowledge of multiple
systems, ideally with a portfolio of demos, games, or
re-useable routines / technology.
* Fluent in C, C++ and/or JAVA
* Assembler (Z80 & ARM) a definite plus
* Knowledge of Direct X useful
* Knowledge of 3D programming an advantage
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to work within tight system resources
Artists must have unsurpassed 2D drawing / 3D modelling and/or
animation skills, and a flair for producing consistently
* 2D Drawing / Animation skills (especially tiles and limited
* 3D Modelling / Animation skills a definite plus
* Good knowledge of PhotoShop
* Knowledge of 3DS Max / Maya / Lightwave useful
* Knowledge of Pro-Motion an advantage
* Traditional art background advantageous
Though commercial experience is not essential, we do look for
creative and talented candidates who fulfil the following
* Ability to work within the confines of a fixed hardware
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude
* All-round team player
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work to schedules and under pressure
* An understanding of gameplay mechanics
* Flexible and adaptable
* A passion for videogames
* Good sense of humour
* Design skills an advantage
Additionally, we are always on the lookout for finished or
Please send your CV / Resume, samples of your work, and
details of your salary expectations to:
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Note: Scary Fish does not use recruitment agencies; direct
applications only, please.